Eligible instruments for the 2019 Pro Musicis International Award are piano and voice.
View the 2019 Award Auditions flyer
We are seeking concert artists who demonstrate both a high level of artistic performance and a passion for social outreach.
Please note that all submissions are electronic. Applicants are not required to submit all materials at once. Please return to this web page to update your responses to the applicant information form and to upload additional attachments in order to submit a complete application.
- Piano or voice
- Age range: 20-35 years
- Residence in the United States; citizenship not required.
- September 2, 2019: Applications are due
- September 13, 2019: Finalists announced on or about this date
- October 7, 2019: Auditions, Yamaha Artist Services NYC
The Pro Musicis International Award
- Membership in the family of esteemed Pro Musicis artists
- New York City debut concert in Weill Hall at Carnegie Hall
- Weill Hall concert fee: Recitalist $1,000; Collaborative Pianist $600
- Performance opportunities at Yamaha Artist Services New York
- Grant $2,000 – $4,000 range for social outreach project
- State of the art recording at Yamaha Artist Services New York
- Four hours of professional consultation: career development and/or artist management
- Completed Applicant Information Form
- Application fee of $75 submitted via PayPal on this page on our website
- Video, 45-50 minutes of live performance; can be compiled from several live performances. We prefer one YouTube or Vimeo link.
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Professional biography (any length)
- Two letters of recommendation (from professionals in music)
- Video Interview – 5 minutes in response to 4 of the following 7 questions. We prefer one YouTube or Vimeo link.
- Why did you choose to be a musician and what are your musical interests?
- How do you see yourself as an artist?
- How do you view your role as a musician in society, and how will you, as a Pro Musicis artist, make a positive and lasting contribution?
- How would you benefit from the Pro Musicis award?
- Briefly describe your experience in social outreach projects.
- Name three artists who you admire and why.
- What has been one of your most memorable musical experiences?
- Proposal for a community service project. Submit a two-page proposal for a community service project, either one that you have already undertaken and wish to enhance, or one that you would like to initiate. Keep in mind the Pro Musicis vision to “awaken the human spirit.” Please include the following in your proposal:
- Project name, description and duration
- Project budget (please list potential for additional funding, if applicable)
- Who will benefit from your project and how it will be publicized
- Where the project will take place
- How you will evaluate the project to measure outcomes
- Project name, description and duration
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the Applicant Information Form.
- For submission of each file, use the Upload Form. Upload all attachments individually. You are not required to upload all materials in one sitting. Send as many uploads as necessary. For video links, please create a text document with a link directing to the YouTube or Vimeo video.
Please use the following naming convention: Name.Name of File; for example:
- Please request that individuals drafting letters of recommendation send the letter directly to Kate Lochner, Pro Musicis Assistant, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The file name should contain the applicant’s name (ex. – “John Smith letter of rec”).
If you have any questions about the application process, please email John Haag at email@example.com.
Repertoire for Finalists:
Finalists, announced on or about September 13, 2019, are to submit a 20 minute program of their choice by October 7, 2019. Finalists are encouraged, but not required, to include a work written in the last 25 years. Auditions will last approximately 30 minutes, including 20 minutes of performance and 10 minutes of dialogue with the jury re the finalist’s goals and community service project.
Best of luck!
Pro Musicis promotes visionary concert artists who awaken the human spirit wherever they perform.
Pro Musicis envisions a world where music transforms society.
Music is vital for the well being of all.
The spiritual message of music must be at the heart of all we do.
The greatest joy in life is the one derived from giving joy to others.